what are worm castings?
So you may be asking, "How do you use worm castings?" Worm castings are different from other animal manure and artificial fertilizers. Circle M Worm Castings feel and smell like the purest of soils. By using our castings instead of potentially toxic chemical fertilizers, you protect the environment and fertilize the way Mother Nature intended.
Circle M Worm Castings uses African Nightcrawlers (Eudrilus eugeniae) for our castings. They are fed a very rich vegetarian diet which contains a variety of essential nutrients. The earthworms digest this food and in its passage through the worm, an extremely fertile, organic soil enhancer is produced which is properly conditioned for optimum plant nutrition that won't harm the environment.
No food scraps or animal by-products are used to feed our earthworms. They are fed a grain diet and raised in a temperature and humidity controlled environment. Our earthworms have quite a lovely home!
Nothing is added to our product to bulk it up; it's 100% pure earthworm castings. This ensures that you are receiving just the nutrients you want and can, therefore, tailor your soil recipes precisely without the worry of some additive tainting your product and potentially reducing yields, attracting bugs and/or destroying your plants.
*Worm castings are unlike other animal manure and artificial fertilizers. Our castings feel and smell like the purest of soils. By using Circle M Castings instead of potentially toxic chemical fertilizers you protect the environment and fertilize the way Mother Nature intended.
- Creates low-skill jobs at local level
- Boosts yields by releasing nutrients found in soils and therefore reduced costs from not having to add nutrients
- Improves soil aeration
- Enriches soil with micro-organisms that naturally occur in worm castings
- Attracts deep-burrowing earthworms already present in the soil
- Improves water holding capacity
- Eliminates toxic chemical fertilizers from being added to our environment and ecosystem
- Enhances germination, plant growth, and crop yield
- Improves root growth and structure
- Enriches soil with micro-organisms that naturally occur in worm castings which in turn greatly improve overall plant growth and yields